Tuesday, August 07, 2012

How Do You Pick From Limited Edition Collections?

With so many limited edition collections and products being released and the holiday collections on the horizon, how do you choose?

Here are a few things I look for and consider when buying from any LE collection.

Because shades and color choices can sometimes be redundant among different brands, I usually look for colors that are unique to the brand and unique in general.  I look for colors and products that I can incorporate into my every day routine.  I also take texture and application into consideration. If the product doesn't perform well, it is not worth buying just because it's LE.

I don't purchase too many colors that are outside my comfort zone, but I will jump on the perfect shade that I may only wear once in a while, i.e. MAC Red Racer.

Limited edition packaging, while it can be gimmicky, tends to draw my eye in every time and my purse follows.

What do you look for in LE collections?

Kristen
xo




2 comments:

  1. I'm such a limited edition junkie! I don't know why, but I feel like I need to get it all! :)

    I do have to narrow things down and be smart about my LE shopping, but I try to follow the same rules as you mentioned above.

    Love the post, it's so true that so many things come out and especially around the holidays and it seem like they are all out to get us! hahaha :)

    Now following - we'll be back for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked the post! I'm happy to see I'm not alone in my thinking! =)

      Delete