Monday, July 02, 2012

What Is In Your Travel Makeup Bag?

It's that time of year again, when everyone is going on vacation.  I generally tend to over pack, especially when it comes to my makeup and beauty items.  I really don't need to take 3 different colorless lip balms and yet I end up packing them anyway.

So,  "What is in your travel makeup bag"? How much makeup do you travel with? Do you pack for one day and one night look or do you go all out and make sure you have an unlimited amount of color combos? Do you bring several shades of one type of product, like 4 blushes or 5 lipsticks?

I always bring to much.  Here is what I will be taking with me on my next trip this August, and I have found that these products are usually all I will need.

  • a good eye shadow palette (Urban Decay Naked 2)
  • 1 cream eye shadow (Maybelline color tattoo in Bad to the Bronze)
  • 2 or 3 blushes (MAC Blushbaby, Immortal Flower, and Launch Away)
  • 1 bronzer (Too Faced Sun Bunny)
  • 1 highlighter (the balm's Mary Luo Manizer)
  • concealer (Smashbox High Definition Liquid Concealer)
  • powder foundation (Smashbox Halo)
  • eye shadow primer (my favorite is Benefit's Stay Don't Stray)
  • black liquid liner (Revlon liquid liner pen)
  • Waterproof Mascara (Currently using Maybelline Falsies)
  • 1 brown and 1 black pencil liner (I use Chanel pencil eyeliner)
  • Too Faced Perfect Lips Universal Lip Pencil
  • several lip color options, ( 2 lipsticks and 2 glosses)
I always take too many lip colors, but that is what I'm most into right now.  I have to have MAC's Angel and Impassioned and I am currently loving Moxie gloss in Rock Star.  I take the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains everywhere I go.

I packed a very similar list (some lip and cheek colors were different) for my trip to Rome in March, and I found that this was enough product to give me both day and night looks while not over packing.

What's in your travel makeup bag? What products do you take to much of?

Kristen
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Great list!! I think i'll be making a video of what I'm taking to the Dominican. I'm sure to over pack!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love watching packing videos! I think it helps others remember what to pack and what they may not need. =) You should do a video when you get back too on what you actually used on your trip and what you could have left at home. I would like to see that!

      Delete
    2. That's a great idea! I'm taking WAY too many products but I just NEED options. :-)

      Jayme

      Delete
    3. I'm looking forward to your packing video. Are you taking all of your new Heavenly Creature goodies? =)

      Delete