Wednesday, May 30, 2012

MAC Hey Sailor Haul Photos and Swatches

My MAC Hey Sailor! Haul!

I was really excited about the launch of this collection.  I am in love with the colors and the nautical theme.  I am not usually extremely drawn to packaging but this collection got me from the start.  The navy stripes were entirely too cute and had me in the mood to go sailing the second I spotted them.

I most anticipated the eye shadow in Jaunty and the re-promote of the lipglass in Orange Tempera.  However, when I received my order, I fell in love with the two items I ordered that were completely out of my neutral comfort zone, Feeling Fresh eye shadow and Red Racer lipstick.

I will be doing another post on how I have been wearing this new collection soon!

Here is my haul!
Packaging! So cute!


Lipstick in Red Racer



Blush in Launch Away



With Flash


Without Flash


Barefoot



Jaunty



Feeling Fresh



Barefoot, Jaunty, Feeling Fresh



Red Racer Lipstick is even more beautiful than I imagined.  I have struggled to find reds that look good on my warm skin tone but this yellow based red is PERFECT!

Launch Away Blush was described as a true peach but I found it to be slightly more pink that I expected.  Still it is a gorgeous peachy pink that blended out beautifully.

Barefoot Eye Shadow is the perfect gold for summer.  It is more yellow than the other golds in my collection and is quickly becoming my new favorite.

Jaunty Eye Shadow is a light champagne color, while it goes on very light, it is the perfect color for a highlight or an all over light wash of color.

Feeling Fresh Eye Shadow is not quite a Kelly Green, as I read it was described.  It is bright and very fun to wear.  It is a little chalky and I had some crumble in the pan, but it is unlike any color in my collection and I look forward to wearing it throughout the summer.

Orange Tempera Lipglass (not shown) is a light peach.  Worn alone, it did not provide much color and almost washed me out, but paired with a  peach lipliner ( I used MAC's Summer Fruit) it was perfect.


Thanks for reading!!

Kristen
XOXO

Get the brushes you need to make your makeup flawless!! CLICK HERE 


4 comments:

  1. Cute! I wanted Red Racer but it sold out pretty fast online. I did get Sail la Vie though, which is really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I regret not getting Sail la Vie and Fleet Fast! =( But I'm really excited for Casual Colours, Heavenly Creatures, and the Marilyn Monroe Collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I am especially excited for the Marilyn collection! Did you get anything from Beth Ditto? I ended up only getting Dear Diary, the neon pink lipstick, mostly because I'm obsessed with bright pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't ordered anything yet but I was thinking about getting Dear Diary too! I am loving the hot pinks this summer!!

    ReplyDelete